Go on over to Hank’s place to get in on the 5 crazy things to which only a gardening addict would admit extravaganza. Here are my five:
- To celebrate my birthday (April 29), every year I drive 70 miles to save $5 on hanging baskets — even though it’s usually a month before I can stop bringing them in a night.
- When it’s 90 F (really hot for these parts), I mow the lawn anyway because I need the grass clippings for mulch.
- Because my soil is too wet, I built a raised rock garden to grow dryland plants.
- Because my soil is too dry, I dug out a water garden so that I could grow aquatic plants.
- Whenever I see an objectÂ thatÂ Â will hold more soil than a saucer I think, “What can I grow in that?”